- Need to present (not read) your presentation
- Need to listen to 75% of the other presentations that will be given in the class
Words per frame
- A Title Page will be the first page, and a References page will be the last page
- Early Life
- Idea or Concept
- No less than 5 words; no more than 30 words
- Only use bullets if you have more than one item in a list
- Do not center the text with bullets; bullets should be vertically in a line.
- DO NOT use hyphens as bullets: Use hyphens only to connect two words
No full sentences
- Any quotes must be on their own slides.
- Read the quote word for word to us.
- No need for images on Quote slides
No Reading at us
- Use fragmented bullet points
- (except for quote slides, which need to be full sentences and quotes)
- The only time you should, and must, read is on the quote slides
- Each frame should have a subhead
Font sizes and colors
- Create a counter for each page
- such as 1/15 2/15 etc. or pg.1 of 15 pg.2 of 15 etc.
- 2/2 rule
- At all times try to restrict font types to one or two types throughout the powerpoint
- At all times try to restrict color of fonts to one or two colors throughout the powerpoint
- Images must pertain to the subject or theory of the slide
- Every frame must have one image, either as part of the template or as an embedded image.
- Do not use the same image for every slide; if your template is the same image, you'll need unique images for each slide
- None. Don't use them.
- You may use videos with sound
Clarity of text
- Spelling errors for words that powerpoint would have caught with its spellchecker
- Post-It Note Test
- Hold a 3" x 3" Post-It note at arm's length and step back from your PC until the Post-It is the same size as the screen. If you cannot read the screen clearly, the font size or font color (compared to the background) needs changed.