Home / Support / Shultz Hour
You're too busy. You need a "Shultz Hour."
- The name refers to Ronald Reagan's Chief of Staff, George Shultz.
- Once a week, for one hour, Shultz would cloister himself away in his office with pen and paper to think of BIG ideas.
- His aim was escaping all of the minutiate. Only the President and Shultz's wife were allowed to interrupt his Shultz hour.
- Shultz had said it was during these hours that he understood Gorbachev was serious about turning the USSR into a democracy and not just playing politics.
- Shultz was one of the very few in Reagan's administration that believed so and successfully convinced Reagan of it, and therby literally changed the world.
I'm Inspired to follow suit and have set my Shultz hour as once per week.