Bring Swimsuits!! Each room also has a clothes iron and a hair dryer.
Click image for larger size
- EFSC Liability forms
- Phone sheet: text Kristina 321.987.8668 with your Full Name and Date of Birth for airline tickets
- PCA Undergrad forms
Texting and threads:
- Put PCA in front of everyone’s name in your phone
- The Massive group thread: When I or Kristina mass text everyone with ALL PCA.
- Do not respond to that mass text. It’s information/reminders.
- If you need mor einfo, respond as individual texts
Spring Semester meetings:
Over the xmas break
- Read ONE item per day, be it pop cult or academic
- Write 1-2 minute shticks
- For all N00b presenters: Kristina
- Veteran presenters: Matt
- Problems you feel you can't bring to me: Sarah
- Don’t discuss school issues. If asked, be brief
- For EFSC-paid PCAers: We will buy your airline tickets in January
- For others: Airlines and bus? RV? (Matt)
- Cheapest to stay at the conference with PCA rates
- Or, you'll spend money and time ubering for about the same price, or for rental car and parking fees for the same price
- Reading Market next door.
- Dunkin and cvs nearby.
- Starbucks in-house
What you must do
- N00bs must see all other N00b presentations
- No set field trips
- Group outings should be organized by yourselves
- Casual for audiences
- Business casual for presenting.
Faculty/Staff/Student code of conduct:
- Rooms are on college’s dime; no mini fridges or taking towels
- Let your person BE at the conference.
Talk like an academic.
- Remove “I” and use more “me”
- NOT I am interested in… SAY What interests me…
- NOT I am concerned with… SAY What concerns me…
- NOT I have class on monday...SAY My class is on Monday
- Don’t be a pandering grad student (profs joke seriously about this: “one of those desperate grad students”)
- Make the research (yours/theirs) the center of everything, not you or your aspirations. Let them remember how informed and passionate you are about your subject, not that you are driven toward a specific career goal
- 30 and 90 second pitch of your research
Excused Absence from courses:
- Notify Spring profs in first week by email (titan to titan) that you will be gone from April 14 to April 18
- Bring a trinket or two to donate for film night
Upcoming Scheduled Events
- Where: Philadelphia
- Date: April 15-April 18 , 2020
- Abstracts due by Oct 17. 2019
Doom Crew 20 (The Class of Fall 2019)
The people and their ideas
Doom Crew 20 Found Articles (for Fall 2019)
Poster Presentation Example