Academic Research project
Words per frame
- A Title Page will be the first slide, and a Reference page will be the last slide
- Cover all parts of the Literature Review
- Title Page
- References page
- No less than 5 words; no more than 30 words
No full sentences
- Only use bullets if you have more than one item in a list
- Do not center the text with bullets; bullets should be vertically in a line.
- DO NOT use hyphens as bullets: Use hyphens only to connect two words
No Reading at us
- Use fragmented bullet points
- That also means don't merely fill in a few words and read bullet points at us.
- Each bullet point should give you one to three sentences, or more, to talk about
Running Table of COntents OR Counter
- Each slide should have a distinct subhead
Font sizes and colors
- See this example of a presentation that uses a running table of contents
- OR, create an enumarated counter for each page in the same fixed position on each slide
- such as 1/15 2/15 etc. or pg.1 of 15 pg.2 of 15 etc.
- 2/2 rule
- At all times try to restrict font types to one or two types throughout the powerpoint
- At all times try to restrict color of fonts to one or two colors throughout the powerpoint
- Every frame must have one unique image
- Images must pertain to the subject or theory of the slide
- If you use a cartoon/comic, you must animate that image first, read any words to us that are on the comic, then animate the text to that slide
Clarity of text
- None. Don't use them.
- You may use videos with sound
- Post-It Note Test
- Hold a 3" x 3" Post-It note at arm's length and step back from your PC until the Post-It is the same size as the screen. If you cannot read the screen clearly, the font size or font color (compared to the background) needs changed.
- Cram References onto one slide. Do not worry about using hanging indents
- For the Reference page, ignore the 3x3 post-it rule (see below)