Letter of Recommendation
Do you Qualify?
- I only give Letters of Recommendation to students who can legitimately check off TWO or more of the following items
- □ Passed my Composition 1 course
- □ Passed my Composition 2 course
- □ Passed my Humanities Special Themes course
- □ Passed my Introduction to Humanities course
- □ Passed my Introduction to Literature course
- □ Passed my Philosophy course
- □ Passed a 3000 level course that I have taught
- □ Poster presented at FURC as my student
- □ Presented a paper at National PCA/ACA as my student
- □ Hired by me and worked as Peer tutor for Composition in the learning lab for at least one semester
- □ Worked as my intern (student assistant) for at least one semester.
Process of obtaining a Letter of Recommendation
- Do you need the letter on EFSC letterhead?
You will need to fill out a school request of a Letter of Recommendation
- If no, proceed to step 3
- If yes, proceed to step 2
Write the letter of recommendation and send the letter to me via email (See Contact on the main page for email address).
- Next, print the form and bring the form for me to sign.
- Then, you'll need to bring the form to the center service island in Advising (bldg 3)
I will amend the letter as needed.
When the letter is ready for you to pick up, I will respond to the email from which you sent it.
- In the letter, discuss how long I have known you and which classes, clubs, or activities (such as plays, internship, side-by-side volunteering) we were involved in.
- Give data: dates, or date range, grades obtained, events undertaken, or work done.