The Grade: C grade
Weekly Theory Papers: The Process
- Every weekly assignment is graded as either Pass or Redo.
- In order to obtain a grade that is above a D for the course, you must Pass every weekly part of this Project to a satisfactory level.
- Weekly 1-1/2 to 2 page papers.
- Use all of the concepts from a class and apply them to your chosen film.
- Cite one popular or peer reviewed source per concept.
- IN your writing, give a lead in to the quoted material that discusses the author, the source.
- Vary quotation styles:
- Introduce the quote with a full sentence, then use a colon, then place the quote.
- Introduce the author and source but then combine the quoted material with your words so seamlessly that when "read aloud no one would know" where the quote begins or ends.
- Use a block quote for larger quotes
- block quotes, graphs, tables, or other non-prose information does NOT count in the page length.
- Begin each paper with a thesis that makes a claim about your film that you apprehended by connecting the concepts of the class to the film.
- For PCAers, this thetic statement should support your PCA thesis.
- After the thesis, immediately begin a literature review.
- Write the literature review after you've written a draft of the paper.
- You'll need 2 peer reviewed articles in the literature review.
- The Literature Review portion must connect the PR articles with the popular articles.
Script Writing: The Process
- Three pages of script per week
- Weekly 1 to 2 page papers.
- Discuss how the concepts of the class influence/effect/change your vision of your film
- Discuss concepts to other films, so that you can more easily remember the thought/technique
The Grade: B Grade
- Must complete a passing Term paper or a Script (see below)
Theory Term Paper
- Start the paper with a thesis; PCAers this will be your thesis of the PCA paper.
- Follow the thesis with a thematic literature review of all of the peer reviewed and popular sources you used in the small papers.
- Each section of the paper must begin with a direct connection from the small paper's thesis to the overall thesis of the term paper.
- Begin with a 250 to 500 word treatment
- Script should have at least 24 pages.
- I do not expect a full script to be completed
- Properly formatted as a script.
- It's acceptable to have fragmented areas that are your notes for future writing.
The Grade: A Grade
- Must complete a pre-approved presentation powerpoint.
- Must present the powerpoint
- Presentation should last 30 to 45 minutes.