Appreciation of the Motion Picture 1
I will override the pre-requisite; email me.
THIS PAGE IS IN CONSTANT DEVLOPMENT UNTIL JANUARY 13TH
Syllabi and Schedules
for Spring 2020
Grades are all Pass/Redo?
- Yes, all assignments are either Pass, or Redo until passed
- The Project Page covers how you obtain an overall letter grade for the course.
There's no attendance policy?
- I do not keep attendance records; the only record I have is the dates of your completed assignments.
The Semester Project
Theory or Creative
- At the start of the term, you decide if you'll work all term on a theory driven term paper or if you'll be writing a film script.
- For PCAers taking this class, you must do the theory term paper on the narratives that your PCA paper centers on.
- This page discusses these assignments as well as the weekly assignments.
Three assignment sets
- See the Project page for more details.
- C grade: Complete (pass/redo) all weekly assignments.
- B grade: Formulate weekly assignments into a term project.
- A grade: Present the term project
LEVEL ONE: Trailers
- Write up of level one and link
LEVEL TWO: Openings, Scripts
- Write up of level two and link
LEVEL THREE: Character archetypes
- Write up of level three and link
LEVEL FOUR: Devices and Plots and Genre
- Write up of level four and link
LEVEL FIVE: Settings, Lighting, and CGI
- Write-up of level five and link
LEVEL SIX: Shots and angles
- Write-up of level six and link
LEVEL SEVEN: Sound & Music
- Write-up of level seven and link
LEVEL EIGHT: Acting, actors, schools of acting
- Write-up of level eight and link
C Grade Achieved
- Having successfully completed the first 8 levels, you have acquired a C grade in the course.
LEVEL NINE: B Grade; Compile Project
- Writeup of level nine and link
LEVEL TEN: A Grade; Present Project
- Writeup of level ten and link