- Passing this assignment secures a course grade of "B".
- I will look over Power Points before the ghost schedule date, but not after.
- If you have to redo the Presentation, you must present it all again in class.
- You must PASS the Presentation BEFORE being able to take the Final Exam.
- YOU CANNOT EARN THE FINAL EXAM "A" GRADE WITHOUT HAVING PASSED THE PRESENTATION.
- Example Presentation
- Kristina's Layout for Presentation
- See a Writing Consultant for further help.
Words per frame
- A Title Page will be the first page, and a Works Cited page will be the last page
- Cover all parts of the MLA Research paper structure
- Summary of Film
- The Nine Analysis papers (Theories/ Devices)
- No less than 5 words; no more than 30 words
- Only use bullets if you have more than one item in a list
- Do not center the text with bullets; bullets should be vertically in a line.
- DO NOT use hyphens as bullets: Use hyphens only to connect two words
- Use all seven quotes from the Theory parts of your MLA paper
- ONLY have your intro sentence and the quote on these slides.
- Read to us that intro sentence and quote immediately.
No full sentences
- Need 7 sources in Works Cited (those from the small theory papers)
- Cram Works Cited onto one slide. Do not worry about using hanging indents
- For the Works Cited page, ignore the 3x3 post-it rule (see below)
No Reading at us
- Use fragmented bullet points
- (except for quote slides, which need to be full sentences and quotes
- The only time you should, and must, read is on the quote slides
- Each frame should have a two part subhead, which gives the section of the paper and a descriptive title to what that particular slide covers
- Analysis: The Trope of the Lone Wolf.
Font sizes and colors
- Create a counter for each page
- such as 1/15 2/15 etc. or pg.1 of 15 pg.2 of 15 etc.
- 2/2 rule
- At all times try to restrict font types to one or two types throughot the powerpoint
- At all times try to restrict color of fonts to one or two colors throughout the powerpoint
- Images must pertain to the subject or theory of the slide
- Every frame must have one image, either as part of the template or as an embedded image.
- Do not use the smae image for every slide; if your template is the same image, you'll need unique images for each slide
- None. Don't use them.
- You may use videos with sound
Clarity of text
- Spelling errors for words that powerpoint would have caught with its spellchecker
- Post-It Note Test
- Hold a 3" x 3" Post-It note at arm's length and step back from your PC until the Post-It is the same size as the screen. If you cannot read the screen clearly, the font size or font color (compared to the background) needs changed.