Syllabi and Schedules
for Spring 2019
Monday & Wednesday Composition 2
Tuesday & Thursday Composition 2
The assignments in this course are pass/redo
- When you finish (PASS) one assignment, you can move onto turning in the next assignment.
- If you do not PASS the assignment, the assignment must be redone until passable.
- There are no deadlines for assignments in the course.
- However, no assignment, or set of assignments (see below), can be turned in until the previous ones have obtained a PASS.
- There is, though, a time limit to the course; the last day of class.
Since only ONE assignment can be turned in at a time, you could, and people have, simply run out of enough time to obtain a better grade in the course.
- No assignment can be turned in during Final Exam Week (except the Final exam itself).
Instruction and Extra Help
- The only deadlines in the course are mine for me; that is, for when I discuss the next assignment in-class.
- I only give instructions of assignments on the days and times listed in the course schedule.
- If you cannot come to class on an other day and time than your registered time, you will need to see a Writing Consultant in the Learning Lab.
Graded papers returned by...
- If an assignment is turned in according to the dates on the ghost schedule, I will have that graded on the same day or by the next class meeting.
- If an assignment is turned in after the dates on the ghost schedule, it may be ghosted and float unseen for up to a week.
Film as/ is/in/ Narrative
Choosing a film or TV serial
- You will need to choose a film or TV serial that you will write about all term.
Level ONE: Tropes theory paper
Level TWO: New Historicism theory paper
Level THREE: Metaphysics
Level FOUR: Class Consciousness theory paper
Level FIVE: Class Struggle theory paper
Level SIX: Existentialism theory paper
Level SEVEN: Ecocriticism theory paper
Level EIGHT: Mechanical/ Literary Devices theory paper
Level NINE: Term Paper
Level TEN: Presentation
Level ELEVEN: Final Exam