LEVEL NINE: APA Research Paper
- Passing this assignment secures a course grade of "B".
- To understand the differences in MLA and APA by changing the MLA paper into an APA paper
The 4 changes
- Remove Yourself
- Do not use these words: you, I, my, myself, we, and us.
- Remove hyperbolic language: (subjective adjectives and adverbs)
- Remove subjective observations
- See the APA paper examples
- Use a Title page
- Abstract page (what was the introduction in the MLA paper).
- Use Subheads above each section
- Remove Scope
- Create a new and short introduction; do NOT copy and paste part of the old introduction
- Remove transitions between sections (keep the transitions between analysis paragraphs)
- Use dates immediately after author names (1997) in literature review
- Remove quoted material; use paraphrasing. For the MLA paper, if you had set up the quotes correctly, those set-up sentences you wrote before the colon should be the paraphrasing you need; just replace the colon with a period and delete the quoted material.
- Use dates AFTER paraphrasing in the body of the paper (1992)