LEVEL TEN: Free or Paid 4th Credit option
- Read this page carefully.
- Complete a total of 25 hours of volunteer work for the semester with appropriate paperwork logged to Service Learning office.
- Attend a one-time, 45 minute seminar with Sarah Woodring: time and dates TBA.
- Incorporate a minimum of one-half page paragraph in the MLA paper (see below) concerning your work with the organization in relation to the paper's chosen theory.
- The items above must be completed BEFORE final exam week.
What extra work do I have to do?
- A total of 25 hours of volunteer work for the semester.
- In Composition 1, you must do 10 hours for the course before turning in the MLA paper, and the other 15 hours before Final Exam Week.
- A one-time, 45 minute seminar with Sarah Woodring: time and dates TBA
- In Composition 1, the extra assignment is part of the MLA paper
Do I have to pay for this?
- You do not need to pay for the privilege of exempting yourself from the presentation and portfolio.
- If you want to do the free 4th credit option, you need not read any further.
- However, if you want to receive credit toward your electives, you'll need to sign up for the one credit in ENC 2948, which costs the same as a one credit course.
Who can sign up and pay for the one credit ENC 2948?
Have you already done a 4th Credit Option in an ENC course (in either Composition 1 or Composition 2)
If YES (I have already done a 4th Credit Option in ENC)
- You cannot do a second one for this course.
If NO (I have NOT already done a 4th Credit Option in ENC)
- You may sign up and pay for the 4th Credit Option.
Are there other courses that I can do a 4th Credit Option in?
- Yes, ask your instructors or Sarah Woodring in the Center for Service Learning.
- Note: You can only do a total of THREE 4th Credit Options and those THREE must have different course prefixes.
How do I enroll in a 4th Credit Option to obtain credit?
- Register with an advisor for ENC 2948 BEFORE the deadline of Thursday, September 20th, 2018.
- Obtain and fill in a 4th credit option contract from the Center for Service Learning.
- Have me sign it.
- Return paperwork to Center for Service Learning