The accomplishment of C, B, and A grades will not be seen on here.
Syllabi and Schedules
for Summer 2019
Monday/Wednesday (6 week)
Tuesday/Thursday (6 week)
The assignments in this course are pass/redo
- When you finish (PASS) one level of assignments, you can move onto turning in the next level's assignments.
- If you do not PASS an assignment, the assignment must be redone until passable.
- There are no deadlines for assignments in the course.
- However, no level of assignments (see below), can be turned in until the previous ones have obtained a PASS.
- There is, though, a time limit to the course; the end of semester's last day of class, and I DO NOT accept multiple level's assignments at once .
- Check the C grade Hard Dates deadlines on the schedule.
- No assignment can be turned in during Final Exam Week (except the Final exam itself).
Instruction and Extra Help
- The only deadlines in the course are mine for me; that is, for when I discuss the next assignment in-class.
- I only give instructions of assignments on the days and times listed in the course schedule.
- If you cannot come to class on an other day and time than your registered time, you will need to see a Writing Consultant in the Learning Lab.
Graded papers returned by...
- the same day or by the next class meeting if an assignment is turned in according to the dates on the ghost schedule.
- up to one week later if an assignment is turned in after the dates on the ghost schedule.
- You can only miss ONE day. (being late or leaving early will constitute a 1/2 day absence)
- However, do NOT just disappear if you are going to exceed absences; talk to me.
Earn Attendance Passes
LEVEL ONE: Formatting
LEVEL TWO: Two Small Papers
LEVEL THREE Tracking Sheets 1-4
LEVEL FOUR: Tracking Sheets 5-8
LEVEL FIVE: Tracking Sheets 9, 10
SIDE QUEST: Midterm / MLA & APA PUS Pass
- You MUST attempt the midterm ONE time
- Passing the midterm grants you a badge for free use of 20 pus words on the MLA paper and the APA paper. (Without passing the midterm, you can have NO pus words in the MLA paper or the APA paper.)
- You can take the midterm as many times as it is offered to pass it; see schedule
- Midterm Directions and Rubric.
- YOU will need to set an appointment if you have been told to take your test in the Learning Lab.
SIDE QUEST: Final Exam Pass
- Complete the MyPlan Assessment in the Career Center.
LEVEL SIX: MLA Annotated Bibliography
MANDATORY: SAVE POINT
- Before you can turn in LEVEL SEVEN, you must tell me if you are doing the 10 Volunteer hours OR are doing the presentation and Portfolio
LEVEL SEVEN: MLA Research Paper
LEVEL EIGHT: APA Research Paper
LEVEL NINE: CHOOSE A PATH TO THE FINAL
- Complete LEVEL NINE to secure unlock and open the Final Exam for an "A" in the course.
- Choose one the two following options then see below for further information on each path:
- Stay the Course.
LEVEL NINE OPTION 1: SERVICE-LEARNING
- Complete 10 hours of Volunteering before the end of the term
LEVEL NINE OPTION 2: STAY-THE-COURSE
LEVEL TEN: FINAL EXAM
Sources for Citations
Scoring, Rubric, and Rewrites