Syllabi and Schedules
for Spring 2019
Monday Night Composition 1 (12 week)
Monday & Wednesday Composition 1
Tuesday & Thursday Composition 1
The assignments in this course are pass/redo
- When you finish (PASS) one assignment, you can move onto turning in the next assignment.
- If you do not PASS the assignment, the assignment must be redone until passable.
- There are no deadlines for assignments in the course.
- However, no assignment, or set of assignments (see below), can be turned in until the previous ones have obtained a PASS.
- There is, though, a time limit to the course; the end of semester last day of class, and I DO NOT accept multiple assignments at once (see below).
- Check the Hard Dates deadlines on the schedule
- No assignment can be turned in during Final Exam Week (except the Final exam itself).
Instruction and Extra Help
- The only deadlines in the course are mine for me; that is, for when I discuss the next assignment in-class.
- I only give instructions of assignments on the days and times listed in the course schedule.
- If you cannot come to class on an other day and time than your registered time, you will need to see a Writing Consultant in the Learning Lab.
Graded papers returned by...
- the same day or by the next class meeting if an assignment is turned in according to the dates on the ghost schedule.
- up to one week later if an assignment is turned in after the dates on the ghost schedule.
- You can only miss FOUR days. (being late or leaving early will constitute a 1/2 day absence)
- You can earn attendance passes by passing the weekly in-class challenges
Earn Attendance Passes
LEVEL ONE: Formatting
LEVEL TWO: Two Small Papers
LEVEL THREE Tracking Sheets 1-4
LEVEL FOUR: Tracking Sheets 5-10
SIDE QUEST: Midterm / MLA & APA PUS Pass
- You MUST attempt the midterm ONE time
- Passing the midterm grants you a badge for free use of 20 pus words on the MLA paper and the APA paper. (Without passing the midterm, you can have NO pus words in the MLA paper or the APA paper.)
- You can take the midterm as many times as it is offered to pass it; see schedule
- Midterm Directions and Rubric.
- YOU will need to set an appointment if you have been told to take your test in the Learning Lab.
SIDE QUEST: Final Exam Pass
- You DO NOT need to do the extra credit.
- By doing one of the two following options, you can obtain a pass to NOT have to take the final exam.
- For the Final Exam Pass attend either:
- 1) All 4 of the soft skills seminars.
- or 2) attend 2 of the soft skills seminars and complete the MyPlan in the Career Center.
MANDATORY: SAVE POINT
- Before you can begin LEVEL FOUR, you must turn in the attached document stating which path you choose for LEVEL SEVEN: Service-Learning or Stay the Course.
LEVEL FIVE: MLA Annotated Bibliography
LEVEL SIX: MLA Research Paper
LEVEL SEVEN: APA Research Paper
LEVEL EIGHT: CHOOSE A PATH TO THE FINAL
- Complete LEVEL EIGHT to secure unlock and open the Final Exam for an "A" in the course.
- Choose one the two following options then see below for further information on each path:
- Stay the Course.
LEVEL EIGHT OPTION 1: SERVICE-LEARNING
LEVEL EIGHT OPTION 2: STAY-THE-COURSE
LEVEL NINE: FINAL EXAM
Sources for Citations
Scoring, Rubric, and Rewrites