Composition 2 Presentation Rubric
- (-20 per each part of the structure not covered)
- Cover all parts of the MLA Term paper structure
Words per frame/slide
- (-10 per frame/slide that breaches minimum or maximum word limit)
- No less than 5 words; no more than 30 words
- These minimum and maximum do not count towards smaller embedded frames that have words within them, such as in Prezi.
- This condition does NOT pertain to Works Cited or to Quote frames/slides
- Use hyphens only to connect two words
- DO NOT use hyphens as bullets
- (-10 per missing quote)
- Use the quotes from the MLA term paper
- Must have a research paper quality lead-in to each quote
- Quote frames/slides must NOT have extra images
- (-10 per missing citation)
- Need sources in Works Cited
- Works Cited does NOT need images
- Works Cited may exceed the number of words per frames/slides
No full sentences
- (-5 for each use of a full sentence)
- Use fragmented bullets
- (you may use full sentences that set up quotes and quoted material)
- (-5 per missing subhead)
- Each frame should have a two part subhead, which gives the section of the paper and a descriptive title to what that particular slide covers
- Analysis: ISAs and the Matrix
- (-2 per slide with missing or incorrectly numbered counter)
- Create a counter for each page
- 1/15 , 2/15 , etc.
- pg. 1 of 15 , pg.2 of 15 etc.
Font sizes and colors
- (-5 for breaking 2/2 rule)
- 2/2 rule
- Restrict font types to one or two types
- Restrict color of fonts to one or two colors
- (-5 per frame without an image)
- Images must pertain to the frame
- Every frame must have one image, either as part of the template or as an embedded image.
- Works Cited should NOT have images
- Quote frames/slides should NOT have images
- (-25 for use of sound)
- None. Don't use them.
- Though you may embed videos with sound.
- (see below for points)
- Spelling errors that Word would catch
- (-10 per word)
- Example: He roxde west. ("roxde" is not a word, and Word would have caught the incorrect spelling)
- Spelling errors that Word wouldn't catch
- (-5 per word)
- Example: He road west. ("road" should be "rode" and Word would not have caught that error.
Clarity of text
- (-5 per unreadable frame)
- Post-It Note Test
- Hold a 3" x 3" Post-It note at arm's length and step back from your PC until the Post-It is the same size as the screen. If you cannot read the screen clearly, the font size or font color (compared to the background) needs changed.
- (-5 for each name pronounced incorrectly)
- Use Hearnames.com to learn how to pronounce names appropriately
Copyright © Warren Jones. 2006-2018