Composition 1 Presentation Rubric
Number of frames/slides
- Need minimum 14 frames/slides
- (A Title Page will be the first page, and a Works Cited page will be the last page)
- Cover all 6 parts of the MLA Research paper structure
Words per frame/slide
- No less than 5 words; no more than 30 words
- These minimum and maximum do not count towards smaller embedded frames/slides that have words within them.
- Use the five quotes from the MLA paper in the Theory and Analysis parts of the Presentation.
- Need sources in Works Cited
- List all sources on one frame/slide.
- Overall template must relate to the topic/subject of your paper
- Do not use templates that simply move from one slide to the next, such as Power Point does
No full sentences
- Use fragmented bullets
- (you must use full sentences that set up quotes and quoted material)
- Each frame/slide should have a two part subhead, which gives the section of the paper and a descriptive title to what that particular frame/slide covers
- Analysis: Community and Titusville Playhouse, Inc.
- Create a counter for each frame/slide
- 1/15 , 2/15 , etc.
- pg. 1 of 15 , pg.2 of 15 etc.
Font sizes and colors
- 2/2 rule
- Restrict font types to one or two types
- Restrict color of fonts to one or two colors
- Images must pertain to the frame
- Every frame must have one image, either as part of the template or as an embedded image.
- None. Don't use them.
- Though you may embed videos with sound.
Clarity of text
- Post-It Note Test
- Hold a 3" x 3" Post-It note at arm's length and step back from your PC until the Post-It is the same size as the screen. If you cannot read the screen clearly, the font size or font color (compared to the background) needs changed.