LEVEL EIGHT OPTION 2: STAY THE COURSE
Complete both of the below to unlock Level 9
- Give an in-class presentation with a powerpoint covering the entire MLA paper.
- Presentations Instructions.
- Print out, fill in, and hand in this document right before you present
Number of frames/slides
- Title slide (1)
- Introduction (1)
- Scope (1 to 2)
- Literature Review (2-4)
- Theory (1)
- You'll need 1-2 slides per paragraph of the analysis
- Paragraphs with a quote will need 2; 1 for the quote
- Conclusion (1)
- Works Cited (1)
- Cover all 6 parts of the MLA Research paper structure
Words per frame/slide
- No less than 5 words; no more than 30 words
- Title/ subtitle/ page numbers are not part of word count
- Use the five quotes from the MLA paper in the Theory and Analysis parts of the Presentation.
Use the full sentence, colon, and quote on the slide
- Do NOT use images on the quote slide
- Need sources in Works Cited
- List all sources on one frame/slide.
- Overall template must relate to the topic/subject of your paper
- Do not use templates provided by Power Point
No full sentences
- Use fragmented bullets
- (you must use full sentences that set up quotes and quoted material)
- Each frame/slide should have a two part subhead, which gives the section of the paper and a descriptive title to what that particular frame/slide covers
- Analysis: Community and Titusville Playhouse, Inc.
- Create a counter for each frame/slide
- 1/15 , 2/15 , etc.
- pg. 1 of 15 , pg.2 of 15 etc.
Font sizes and colors
- 2/2 rule
- Restrict font types to one or two types
- Restrict color of fonts to one or two colors
- Images must pertain to the frame
- Every frame must have one embedded image.
- None. Don't use them.
- Though you may embed videos with sound.
Clarity of text
- Post-It Note Test
- Hold a 3" x 3" Post-It note at arm's length and step back from your PC until the Post-It is the same size as the screen. If you cannot read the screen clearly, the font size or font color (compared to the background) needs changed.