Assignment Name: Formatting
- To learn the one and only correct format of a paper.
MLA Format Criteria:
- Font-type: Times New Roman
- Font-Size: only 12 point
- Indents: first line of each paragraph of the body indents 1/2" (not five space bar clicks)
- Spacing: Double space every line in the paper (no more, no less)
- Word sets extra spacing after paragraphs; highlight all, right click, choose paragraphs,and set spacing after paragraphs to zero.
- Margins: 1" from all sides (page number header will be withn that inch, and that is ok.) From the top, your name must be 1".
- No Bold
- No Underlines
- No exclamation marks--EVER!!!!!!!!
- Sign on to a computer in the classroom
- Open Word
- Open, copy, and paste the text on this page into Word.
- Learn Quick Keys--You'll need them later in the course:
- When the text file opens, hold down Ctrl then click the A key: this highlights the whole document.
- Click into the Word document somewhere.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and press the V key. This pastes the information into Word.
- Other hint: Ctrl +Z (that is hold ctrl and hit Z key) will undo changes you made.
- The text file is gibberish Latin sounding language to use as the body of your Formatting paper.
Scroll farther below for a larger image of this Works Cited so you can see every detail.