Why would I want the stress of giving a 15 minute presentation to a room full of professors?
- To better qualify yourself for upper division (junior / senior) work and especially to better your chances of acceptance into graduate school (Master's, PhD, Law degree, or Medical School.)
What is PCA/ACA?
PCA/ACA stands for the Popular Culture Association/ American Culture Association.
- The National conferences rotate to different areas of the US.
- 2019 Washington D.C.
- 2018 Indianapolis
- 2017 San Diego
- 2016 Seattle (we skipped this one)
- 2015 New Orleans
- 2014 Chicago
- 2013 Washington DC
- PCA/ACA has over 100 subjects areas, but we tend to focus on the Science Fiction and Fantasy area.
- However, a new subject area opened in called Disaster, Apocalypses & Catastrophes. which we may apply to in future conferences.
When is the conference?
- The conference is always the four days preceding Easter Sunday.
- April 17th-April 20th, 2018
Who can attend?
- Anyone can submit abstracts in order to present at the conferences
- Anyone can pay the guest fee and go as a guest
For our campus, I only support those students and alumni who have had my Humanities Special themes in Apocalyptic Narratives or my Humanities Introduction to Literature.
Do I have to pay for this?
- If you are under the age of 18, EFSC cannot pay for any part of your travel; you will have to cover your own costs.
- If you are 18 or over by the time we travel, EFSC can pay part or all of your travel. We have a limited budget.
- How much does it cost if I pay my own way?
- Registration Fees, Airfare, Hotel between $900 to $1,500.
Where do I start?
- Start by signing up for my Humanities Special Topics or my Introduction to Literature