4th Credit Option
Why would I do this?
For Composition 1, Composition 2, Philosophy, and Humanities Special Themes
- You will be exempt from the final exam
- You will not have to do a Prezi presentation
What extra work do I have to do?
- A total of 25 hours of volunteer work for the semester. (In Composition 1, you must do 10 hours for the course, so this would be an additional 15 hours.)
- A one-time, 45 minute seminar with Sarah Woodring: time and dates TBA
- In Composition 1, the extra assignment is part of the MLA paper
- In Composition 2, Humanities Special Themes, and Philosophy, you must give an informal discussion with the class on your volunteer work
Do I have to pay for this?
- You do not need to pay for the privilege of exempting yourself from the exam and prezitation
- Any of the Comp 1 and Comp 2 students can do all of the necessary extra work and exempt themselves from the exam and prezi.
- However, if you want to receive credit toward your electives, you'll need to sign up for the one credit in 2948, which costs the same as a one credit course.
Who can sign up for the one credit 2948?
Have you already done a 4th Credit Option in an ENC course (in either Composition 1 or Composition 2) or in Humanities Special themes or in Philosophy?
If YES (I have already done a 4th Credit Option in ENC, HUM, or PHI)
- You cannot do a second one for this course
If NO (I have NOT already done a 4th Credit Option in ENC, HUM, or PHI)
- You may sign up for the 4th Credit Option
Are there other courses that I can do a 4th Credit Option in?
- Note: You can only do a total of THREE 4th Credit Options and those THREE must have different course prefixes.
How do I enroll in a 4th Credit Option?
- Register with an advisor for the appropriate 2948 BEFORE the deadline of Tuesday, October 19th, 2017.
- Obtain and fill in a 4th credit option contract from the Center for Service Learning.
- Have me sign it.
- Return paperwork to Center for Service Learning
Copyright © Warren Jones. 2006-2018